GENEVIÈVE LECLAIR- Guest Conductor
- Assistant Professor at Berklee College of Music.
- Guest Conductor with The National Ballet of Canada and Northern Ballet.
- Assistant Conductor and then Guest Conductor of the Boston Ballet Orchestra.
- Guest conductor with various orchestras, both in Canada and the United States.
- Active on the new music scene, she has premiered pieces by many contemporary. composers including Alan Belkin, Éric Champagne, Brian Harman and Maxime Goulet.
- Is a member of the Board of Directors of the Conductors Guild.
- Doctor of Musical Arts degree in Orchestral Conducting from Boston University.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in flute performance at Université de Montréal.
- Studied choral conducting with Dr. Ann Howard Jones.
- Music Director of Parkway Concert Orchestra 2013-19
- Awarded the 2017 American Prize in orchestral conducting, college/university division and took 2nd place in the professional orchestra division.
- Received the Sir Ernest MacMillan Memorial Foundation Award in orchestral conducting.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS
- Chosen to work with Pinchas Zukerman, National Arts Centre Orchestra’s inaugural Canadian Conductors Workshop, Ottawa.
- In addition to her career as a performer, is also a published author of music literature and theory exercise books.
- Has collaborated with soloists of international stature among whom Stéphane Tétreault, Jan Lisiecki ; artists such as Veronica Tennant and Arleen Thibault and a number of well- known choreographers including Alexander Ekman, Wayne McGregor and John Neumeier.